Thursday, June 9, 2011

A New Day!

I have been overwhelmed with a great sense of gratitude for so many things in my life.....

On Monday of this week Roberto came home for work, had dinner (the usual), and then he proceeded to do something that isn't so the usual in our home, He called all of his Ladies to the living room for Family Home Evening. He asked Hannah to pick a song to sing and then proceeded to read 1Nephi 3:7. He taught a fantastic lesson on Obedience that not only Hannah needed to learn but her Mom as well. We finished with another Song and then he took his Ladies out for a Ice cream cone. It was a Wonderful night. This is one of the many things that I am so very grateful for, a husband that recognizes what his family needs, and doesn't wait to provide.

Daughters who help me be better, Hannah has started to express her love for things. Her love for her Mom and Dad, her sister and friends, and maybe even Dad's friend (I will fill you in Later). I am so grateful for daughters who teach me to love unconditionally. There is nothing better than the unconditional love from my girls. A hug and a pat on the back from Hannah during a mid night potty break and smile that would melt your heart from Chloe Chlo. These simple acts teach me to LOVE.

I am enjoying the weather that we have had today and only pray that it will stay longer than 2 days, I will take what I can get though!

Roberto is in the process of a big Job change and I have been helping out while he gives a proper 2 weeks notice at his other job. The new job that he is about to go to is Property Maintenance for Calgary Housing. In my 2 Weeks of doing Landscaping for Calgary Housing I have come to appreciate more than ever how I was raised, the family that I was raised with, a Mother who recognized my needs, a Father who took his role and magnified it to his fullest and the Country that I have been raised in. The children that I have had a chance to chat with have opened my eyes to the challenges that I was never been exposed to personally. Neglect, Loss, Hunger, In Need. All things that I never had to experience but little children deal with every day. I am so so so grateful for my life.

Most of all I am grateful for all of the "New Days" that I have in my life. New days to grow closer to my Husband, to learn from my Children, to grow closer to my Heavenly Father and New Days to repent and become better through the Atonement. I am so grateful for my Savior and the ability I have to start all over.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment